Summer is coming to an end and that means the start of fall and winter training. If you are a Cape and Islands EMS provider and haven’t had a chance to look at some of the available and upcoming courses, we would encourage you to click on the “Courses” link and check them out. We have been busy over the summer trying to meet the requests for more convenient and easily accessible con-ed. Courses now available include:
- September Talk of the Month (TOM): This video course is the first in a series of monthly courses where we get back to the basics and review things that we may have gotten rusty on. This month, Donna discusses mechanism of injury and its relevance towards patient care. This course is good for 1 hour of con-ed and is available to all EMTs and Paramedics at no additional charge. Simply click on the link in the courses section to enroll.
- Ketamine: In this video course, Dr. Crowell reviews the use of Ketamine in the prehospital setting. Upon completion, students will receive 1 hour of con-ed credit.
- ASHER Didactic: In this video course, Ritchie Roy reviews the NFPA/MA State requirements for the didactic portion of ASHER training. Upon completion, students will receive 1 hour of con-ed credit.
- NERO’s Law Didactic: In this video course, Dr. Savannah Lloyd-Seaboyer and Cheneille Young, CVT demonstrate assessment and treatment techniques for injured K9s. Upon completion, you will receive 1.5 hours con-ed credit.
- 12 Lead EKG Review: Want to review your 12 lead ekg skills? Join Shawn Clark in this video series as he dives into 12 Lead EKG. This course will allow you to review specific topics you may be rusty on but does not have CEUs at this time.
- September NCCP Paramedic Refresher: We are happy to announce our VILT NCCP Paramedic refresher is now available for enrollment. This 10 day refresher will be held via Zoom beginning on September 11 from 9:00-12:00. The course dates will be September 11-15 and then resume September 25-29 for a total of 10 days. Upon completion, students will receive 30 hours and met the National Registry Core Competency requirements.
- ACLS/BLS(CPR)Live: This live training will be held at Cape Cod Community College on Sept 18 from 9:00-4:00. To enroll, click on the “courses” link to the left and click on the course.
- PALS Live: This live training will be held at Cape Cod Community College on Sept 19 from 9:00-4:00. To enroll, click on the “courses” link to the left and click on the course.
- 12 Lead EKG / AHMD Skills: This live training will be held at Cape Cod Community College on Sept 20 from 9:00-4:00. To enroll, click on the “courses” link to the left and click on the course.
- M&M Rounds: September M&M Rounds for both Cape Cod Hospital and Falmouth Hospital are now available for enrollment. Click on courses and then the “Register for M&M Rounds” tab to enroll in a specific round. Check back often for further dates
- October NCCP EMT VILT Refresher: This 5 day EMT refresher will be held via zoom (dates tbd) and will meet all of the National Registry EMT National Core Competency Requirements.
- November Distributive NCCP Paramedic Refresher: This NCCP Paramedic Refresher will be open from November 1-30. Upon completion, students will receive 30 hours and met the National Registry Core Competency requirements.
2023 RAVEN Conference: Join us for the 2nd Annual RAVEN Conference on October 27 from 9:00-4:00 at the Cape Codder Resort and Spa. This year will focus on pediatrics and include guest Speakers Dr. Stuart Ablon, Dr. David Nelson, Dr. Carl-Christian Jackson, and Dr. Daniel Choi. Lunch will be provided and attendees will receive 6 hours CEUs. For further information and to register, please contact Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have an idea of a course you would like to see or a topic you would like covered? Please let us know by shooting an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.